Friday, March 20, 2009

Non-toxic cleaner recipes

I'm working on my article for the New Heights/Urban Corridor magazine that's coming up. This month, they want a story about simple home cleaner recipes. I thought I could post a few that I've turned up and ask for some feedback on things that work for you. I've been reading a book called Clean by Michael DeJong that has lots of these recipes. This was handed over by a friend at the store and is a great little reference book.

Here's two mold killers I've turned up in the search:

#1 - Distilled White vinegar - dump it straight in the spray bottle, cover the mold and let it set.

#2 - 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil diluted in 2 cups of water. Tea tree oil is pricey, but it smells better than the vinegar and is reportedly more effective.

Feel free to send back your homegrown recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment