Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011: Who's having the best year ever?!


[Charles] Okay, seriously, I had to get that out of my system. I don't expect that when the new year rolls around that everything is going to magically get better, I just wish it would. I'm not really up for one of those "it's a new year" kind of posts but I would like to help set the tone for the year. Besides, it's already the 6th and I haven't posted yet?!

So, 2010 saw the end of our retail shop in Seminole Heights and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still bummed about it. I drive through the neighborhood every day and see some things that make me optimistic and some that make me sad. I wonder if we'll ever get mass transit moving in Tampa. I wonder if this year's leaders will actually listen to the people. I wonder if we'll be able to manage being parents and designers and get to see our friends more this year. I wonder all this and hope for more.

I finally committed to writing regularly last year on this blog and it has been very cathartic for me. I'm not sure if all the posts make sense or fit, but I'm going to keep going as long as I can. I like doing Maker Monday where I post something awesome that someone else made or show something that we've made. I really love doing Friday Forecast and talking about what not to miss over the weekend. I always hate trying to find something to do at the last minute and feeling like I miss out on so much good stuff. It's my cheat sheet and I'm glad you like it. We posted 117 posts in 2010 which is about double the year before and if I can write three times a week, I'll get to around 150 or so. That's my goal so here's hoping and please keep the comments coming, I may not get paid to do this but those comments are like money in the writing bank to me! I like to write about music and the arts so expect more of those posts and let me know if you have a cool event coming up - especially in Seminole Heights.

-Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment